Care Instructions for Künzli Shoes
The three most important steps of shoe care
Remove spots and dirt before you apply new care on your shoes
Care your shoes on a regular basis; the leather thus remains soft and smooth and looks new for a longer period of time
Protect your shoes from wetness and dirt in a long-lasting manner
If your shoe is of smooth leather it is important that you grease the leather from time to time to prevent it from getting dried out and cracked. That is why we recommend the following procedure:
- With a brush, clean the shoes off their visible dirt
- With a toothbrush get the dirt off the edges of the soles
- Clean the surface of the shoes with Bama Clean & Care foam and let your shoes dry
- Cover then the shoes with Bama shoe polish or shoe cream (in the colour of the shoe or without colour) by means of a soft cotton cloth
- Let them dry and then rub the cream completely into the leather
- Polish the shoes with a brush of natural hair or with a shoe brush and with strong hand movements until they are shining brilliantly
Bama products for smooth leather:
Clean & Care foam: Removes dirt and spots from all materials in a reliable manner. Webshop: here
Smooth leather shoe cream. Webshop: here
Bama Dirt Protector: Protector from humidity and spots for all clear materials. Webshop: here
Nubuck Leather, Suède Leather
You best treat these leathers the following way:
- Clean the shoes off their visible dirt with the Bama Suède Cleaning Gum Webshop: here
- With Bama colour refreshment and care especially for Nubuck leather the colour of your shoe is enhanced.
- From time to time impregnate the shoes with a special spray (in the colour of the shoe or without colour). Künzli leathers are mostly hydrophobe. That is why you do not have to impregnate you shoes before you first wear them. Webshop: here
You preferably treat shoes with a fur-coat the following way:
- Clean the shoes off their visible dirt with a brush
- Impregnate you shoes before you first wear them with a special spray (in the colour of the shoe or without colour). You best use Bama Active Universal care. Webshop: here
If you do not adopt appropriate or careful care, patent leather can easily get tears and cracks. You are NOT allowed to impregnate patent leather and you should not store them near a radiator as the leather may lose its gloss.
The every-day shoe polish leaves behind streaks.
- Clean the shoes off their visible dirt with a slightly damp cloth or with Bama Clean&Care foam. Webshop: here
- Cover then the shoes with a patent leather-care product (in the colour of the shoe or without colour) by means of a soft cotton cloth.
- Ideally you should «store» your shoes with shoe spans; that is how they keep in form for a much longer time.
- You should not dry wet shoes near a radiator. If shoes dry too fast the leather will get brittle and cracked.
- Even shoes need a rest. In most cases shoes store the dampness of the feet when you wear them. In order to have the shoes dry out completely you should wait 24 hours until you wear them again.
- If the weather is unfavorable (cold and damp) shoes are especially used and should therefore be cared for more often.